Pond Use Guidelines
- Pack out what you bring in.
- Be careful with removing any invasive weeds. If they fragment, they will infest other sections of the Pond.
- If you use your boat in other waters, please rinse your boat after each use. Boats with even dried weed remnants can spread infestation.
- Please consider catching and releasing caught fish if you are not eating them.
- Leverett Pond is known as Echo Lake for a reason. Be mindful that sound carries and that sometimes entire conversations can be heard clearly from across the lake.
- Under Massachusetts' law, life preservers are required to be worn by: (1) youth less than 12 years of age (2) personal watercraft users (3) waterskiers (4) canoeists/kayakers from September 15 - May 15.
- NEVER attempt an ice rescue while in or on the pond. Call 911 to seek emergency assistance and remain on shore at all times. Offer words of encouragement to the individual in distress and wait for a rescue team to arrive.